Friday, February 25, 2011

Arrived safely in Oxford, New Zealand!

Greetings from Oxford, New Zealand!

I have arrived safely here in Oxford!  Had a long, yet great flight overseas and had no problems with connecting flights into Christchurch, and arrived on schedule. 

It is absolutely beautiful here in New Zealand, beyond what I ever imagined!  The views from the air were breathtaking!!  Oxford is a small farming community in the countryside, with rolling hills and beautiful mountain views. I am getting settled into my room at a lovely host home just down the road from the YWAM Base. There will be eleven of us from the school housed there.  I have very nice accommodations and will have a roommate, a local from Christchurch, that will be arriving tonight.  I have met some wonderful people that have already made me feel at home on my first evening and day here!  One thing that will take some getting used to is the lack of central heating in the homes here ( I was warned, but not quite prepared!).  It can get pretty chilly here at night, and I was very relieved to find my bed had been warmed up for me with a hot water bottle by my hosts! 

Many more students will be arriving today, and our CDTS school starts tomorrow. 

I am having some difficulty getting a wireless connection on my laptop, they say possibly due to the earthquake, so for now I will be using the computers available at the base until this problem is corrected. 

I will keep you all updated and send photos as soon as I am able.

I am anticipating that God has some amazing things in store for all of us, and am so excited to be here and begin this journey with Him!!

Blessings to all,
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Cindy- I am so happy that you arrived safely! I am looking forward to following you on your amazing journey! I continue to be so proud of you, and I can't wait to see what God does next! Love you!

    ReplyDelete